Fantasy Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place to discuss and download the latest Fantasy Life versions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Skill Set System Plans

Go down 
+13
Vitellius
m0k0n4
JigokuKensai
Jay.J
TheHiddenJ
soulexodus
Vila33
Slake
Sawyer_taco
YakaryBovine
Enthanu
Tool.Tip.Error
Watsine
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
m0k0n4
Knight
m0k0n4

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2011-03-15

Roleplay Character
Name: Vahn Freyland

New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:46 am

Cool. As usual, the numbers aren't fixed yet.
Might wanna rename it as a Ronin skillset instead of a Warrior skillset, because Warriors tank (as far as i know) while this set is pure damage-dealing.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Roleplay Character
Name: Kietan

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 am

warriors will be allowed to either tank or do damage, part of the reason for this being added.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasylife.forumotion.com
Vitellius
Peasant
Vitellius

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Roleplay Character
Name: Mloagr Epivwalc

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:05 pm

I personally think the Warrior, and DK are pretty damn well put together. They aren't the retarded "hurr u click 1 button and win fight" classes like a ninja, or a mage. They actually take skill to play properly, and most if not all of their abilities have some practicality.
Back to top Go down
m0k0n4
Knight
m0k0n4

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:04 am

The japanese references are also a reason but meh.
Up to you Diaster...
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Roleplay Character
Name: Kietan

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 am

>>The game references
>>Final Fantasy
>>Zelda
>>Mario
>>Pokemon
>>All japanese games

lol wut?
Back to top Go down
https://fantasylife.forumotion.com
m0k0n4
Knight
m0k0n4

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:41 am

I give up.
Back to top Go down
JigokuKensai
Peasant
JigokuKensai

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-06-16

Roleplay Character
Name: YuuRei Kensai

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Zantetsuken translate to iron-cutting sword and although not unique to Final Fantasy is used enough to be recognizable staple of the series

On a side note an alternate name for Berserker would be Juggernaut
Back to top Go down
lukex123
Peasant
lukex123

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-11-10

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Not entirely Juggernaut is more of a tank Berserker is more of a crazy damage dealing class...

Last edited by lukex123 on Mon May 09, 2011 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JigokuKensai
Peasant
JigokuKensai

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:31 pm

I meant the skill that I proposed on page 3, with most of the skills I came up with alternate names and I since I can no longer edit the post I figure I should add a side note. I never suggested a berserker or juggernaut "class" and something tells me you haven't read any previous posts

As for the reasoning behind the name Juggernaut is often used to describe something that is both destructive and unstoppable, the effects of the skill I came up with includes immunity to stuns and slows as well buffs to dps which overall match the idea
Back to top Go down
Dragonmaster228
Knight
Dragonmaster228

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2010-07-28
Location : In the mountains with dragons that are eating Krackles.

Roleplay Character
Name: Shaco

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Tl;dr, but took a second to look at Slake's pretty pictures. I can't wait for this. I did see some of the classes and people's suggestions for abilities, which i think should be melded together and implemented as a beta (probably gonna be a long time in beta) like you said in announcements Diaster. That way, we can fill the forums with balances and suggestions (which will be the reason for long time in beta). I know even a beta for this is far away, but i'm just so excited. Oh and berserker in my opinion just sounds better than juggernaut.
Back to top Go down
lukex123
Peasant
lukex123

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-11-10

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 am

Well First of all Jigoku I can tell you they are not even close to synonyms. Second a Berserker is more of a reckless and carefree warrior that deals massive damage but can be easily killed. A juggernaut is more of a tactical but crazily powerful fighter. He has a lot of Life but his attack power is not meant to be as strong as a berserker. Anyways that's my take on is so w/e. By the way I always read the previous posts, and if Diaster wants a warrior to deal damage or have massive hp this would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Dragonmaster228
Knight
Dragonmaster228

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2010-07-28
Location : In the mountains with dragons that are eating Krackles.

Roleplay Character
Name: Shaco

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:43 am

...so it should branch off into high-dps berserker and high-health/armor juggernaut?
Back to top Go down
JigokuKensai
Peasant
JigokuKensai

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:50 pm

lukex123 wrote:
Well First of all Jigoku I can tell you they are not even close to synonyms. Second a Berserker is more of a reckless and carefree warrior that deals massive damage but can be easily killed. A juggernaut is more of a tactical but crazily powerful fighter. He has a lot of Life but his attack power is not meant to be as strong as a berserker. Anyways that's my take on is so w/e. By the way I always read the previous posts, and if Diaster wants a warrior to deal damage or have massive hp this would make sense.

You still seem to forget that Berserker is the name of a SKILL/ABILITY that I suggested that could be added into the suggested new class system not a class in of itself, maybe it might of been clearer if i called it Berserk but theres a time limit on editing posts. And maybe you knew that, I assume you do, but some posts are really unclear as to whether some of those replying think Berserker is referencing a class that I suggested.

As for our differences on definitions, yes they aren't exactly synonyms, but the ideas behind both words can be applied to the skill I suggested

JigokuKensai wrote:
Berserker - Losing oneself in the heat of battle the warrior breaks his mental boundaries at the cost of increased physical strain on one's own body. Removes physical debuffs on cast, increases Attack and Movement Speed by 30%, increases HP by 200, drains 10 HP/sec, grants immunity to stuns and slows

(10 MP/0 Range/.5 Cast/10 Cooldown)

Obviously it more closely resembles a Berserk type skill. Increase physical aptitude and removal of body limiters. Which on a side note wouldn't exactly make it easier to kill being that without physical limiters a berserker should be able continue fighting much longer than a normal warrior.

As for your definitions of juggernaut, I really don't get where you got the tactical from. A juggernaut is more often used to describe a force that will relentlessly go forward in order to accomplish something, often ignoring what is in its way. Very tactical I'm sure. When applied as a human aspect obviously such levels of unstoppability and relentlessnesss suggest breaking some mental/physical restraints much like a berserker, sure it's a bit out there but the relationship still exists.

Really I get that most people think the term Berserker is much more appropriate, it really is, however juggernaut is still an appropriate name IMO considering its definition. As for why I would suggest an alternate name, well for one reason FL already has a skill called Berserk Trance, a 2nd reason is the term berserk is already common place in RPG esque games and chances are maybe someone else might suggest a skill called berserk something or other so it might be appropriate to have some alternative name to call this skill.
Back to top Go down
Duskseer
Peasant
Duskseer

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Roleplay Character
Name: Sygfried Reoundoirt

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:05 am

Zantetsuken? So a japanese translation to Excalibur? Well I love the idea: can be useful to leave the place and escape.
I like the new system: it allows to the player to better set the character.
Like mine....*COSTS 3000 every day and 3000 every night*.
If you want my opinion (YOU ARE FORCED! I AM WRITING RIGHT NOW!) the mage should have 5 branches + 2: the first five elemental controlling the sixth balanced and the seventh is arcane.
Fire
Nature
Water
Air
Thunder.

Maybe Air/thunder should be considerated same.
So far,I see that you worked for all: the splitting in 5 branches is a suggestion,to further amplify the ROLEplayer chances.

I've been working for the Nature-based Master class.
Check the ideas.

DRUID
New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 Circle10
Living in the forests,saveguarding it and helping the wildlife is the duty of the druid: he dedicated his existance in the perserveration of it.
Therefore the druid isn't a full mage: his strenght comes from the nearby: the more trees there are,the more powerful he is.
Protecting often requires power: the druid calls upon the vengeful plants,the ferocity of the animals and the Earth itself,to devastate thus who dares to treat the nature.

-One with the Nature: The Druid has a passive increased health and mana regeneration: the quantity of mana and health regenerated is based on the maximum
mana pool and the health is based on the maximum health.
Additionally the druid turns part of his intelligence into attack damage.

-Thornshrouds: The Agrokinetic Causes a series of spines and thorns to surround an ally,increasing it's armor and damaging who is attacking the shielded.

-Rootrage: Causes series of root to rise and immobilize the target,dealing damage and poisoning the last for few seconds.

-Bouncing bulb: The Agrokinetic throws a magical seed toward the enemy,dealing an amount of damage and lowers their armor for a few seconds.The bulb then is able to bounce up to five times (first target included),dealing lesser damage for every bounce,but increasing the armor reduction

-Summon Rockslinger: The Druid grows a sentient tree that keeps throwing rocks against the enemy.

-Summon Forestsmasher: The Druid grows a sentient tree that is able to move and strike the summoner's foe.

-Terraparasite: Causes a parasite to burst from the ground and chew either an enemy or either the Agrokinetic summons: the parasite will deal damage over time and increase the attack speed of the Rockslinger or the Forestsmasher.
Upon death,the Druid collects the remaining of the corpse,restoring mana and health.Additionally,afflicted Rockslingers and Forestsmashers releases treants upon death.

-Primal wrath: the Druid turns into a beast for a determined amount of time,gaining strenght and agility,equal to his intelligence.
During this period the Druid enjoys increased attack damage and the ability to call upon it's similiar,to further devastate it's enemy.

-Living Garden: the Druid channels for few seconds.After imbuieng the ground with it's magic,the land will animate in roots and thorns,damagingg,slowing and trapping enemies within the area.
Additionally allies nearby are inspired,gaining greater attack speed and health regeneration.

-Summon Rocklord,the Evergreen Golem: The Druid calls upon the Evergreen golem,a massive creature that moves slowly,but owns a resistant armor and a fierce attack.
The Rocklord cleaves it's enemy upon attacking and is able to convert part of his health in armor for allies.

-Seanthra,the Queen of the Forest: Summon the white tiger,Seanthra to fight for the druid.
Seanthra is quick and her attacks restores her health.
Back to top Go down
Mephile
Peasant

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-12-20

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Hey Diaster i play Fantasy life for a long time and i am pro player i play on garren and i want to make a request it woud be nice to have Dual Swords Proffesion it is my favorite its cool what he woud be like Agi Str Hybrid and i want you to watch Sword Art Online it woud give you lot of ideas and pls do a Dual Swordsman Thx for reading (Mephile) ----> (Sorry for bad English)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Skill Set System Plans
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4