Fantasy Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place to discuss and download the latest Fantasy Life versions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is there no save/load?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
luisgregorio30
Peasant

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-03-23

Why is there no save/load? Empty
PostSubject: Why is there no save/load?   Why is there no save/load? EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 2:25 am

Why wont you include a -save/load
just wondering seems like a good idea
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Roleplay Character
Name: Kietan

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no save/load?   Why is there no save/load? EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:05 am

Well there is a short list of reasons for this one.

-balance
-content
-pacing

As of now the game is balanced around having players at certain levels around certain times. This is what sets the balance and pacing for the game. Allowing players to save would require me to double the content in the game to make high level play worthwhile and still allow low level play. As simple as it may seem I would basically have to remake the entire game to allow for save/load to be done properly.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasylife.forumotion.com
Richard Shru
Peasant

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no save/load?   Why is there no save/load? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 am

Just joined the forums today because I was hoping it was still active. Pleasantly suprised that one of my favorite maps is still being worked on =p.

I would like to say that having a save/load system wouldn't be popular for the blizzard crowd, but for a small niche it would be grand. I've been trying to do a persistent, session based kind of roleplay for some time, but its difficult to have that continuity when everyone has to level again each new session.

It would allow things like politics to really progress though. You could have people changing the throne back and fourth without a major issue. I feel like alot of the content of this game comes from the player's interacting, less than the game content itself.

Perhaps a save/load version released on its own might be possible? I used to mess around with the map editor, so I can certainly understand that it wouldn't be easy to keep updated and implemented.
Back to top Go down
Devilwon
Peasant
Devilwon

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-08-18

Roleplay Character
Name: Devilwon

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no save/load?   Why is there no save/load? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 pm

i think that the maps with save/load are really annoying because once u beat them u cant die and u will get bored

with a map where u can find new thiings and start over every time it makes u work hard all the time u play the same map

that's what i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is there no save/load?   Why is there no save/load? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is there no save/load?
Page 1 of 1