Fantasy Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place to discuss and download the latest Fantasy Life versions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Job changes

Go down 
+4
JigokuKensai
GrandKaiser
Vila33
Watsine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Roleplay Character
Name: Kietan

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Job changes   Job changes EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:43 am

So in 1.31 gold will have a huge impact on the game and methods for gaining gold will become important. As it stands jobs are boring as fuck and are a single simple task over and over. What I'm looking for is some simple to implement little things that will mix it up a bit so as to not make it quite so dull. Like for example, when you are doing a delivery you have to go to different points, and certain delivery places you will get jumped by bandits unless you avoid them which will take longer. Shit like that, so come up with what you can for w/e you can I'll fill in gaps as needed.

Accepted changes:
Delivery job: new drop off points, regions that spawn creeps when you go through them with delivery.

Potion Maker: Potions made by a recipe from multiple ingredients multiple ways. Once order is filled you get pay, and can use left over ingredients for w/e potions you want.

Gravekeeper: Creeps spawned will be based on the hero and in one go. Sometimes a mini-boss will spawn.

Police: bandits will spawn and occupy an area. Police clear them out for a bonus.

Gardener: Roots when plucked will sometimes spawn an enemy. If left to grow a mini-boss may spawn instead.

Miner: More complex "tunnel system". Branches have a chance to collapse. And killing rocks has a low chance to spawn a rock golem.

Last edited by Diaster on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://fantasylife.forumotion.com
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Roleplay Character
Name: Captain Obvious

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Good idea, diaster!

Here are some of mine:

1. Alchemy - Add 1 more cauldron. The first cauldron will be for health potions, and the second one for mana potions. If the player makes a mistake, a Failed Potion appears, which damages the user when he is holding it.

2. Blacksmith - Sometimes, you get special orders and you have to get gold ores from the harpies to craft the armor. (only when ure on high reputation (earned alot of gold with this job)

3. Police - Bandit attacks from the woods. (First policeman level + Second policeman level = number of bandits) (happines level should have something do to with this)

4. Bartender - Drunk fights! (if some vilagers didnt get their drink)

5. Gravekeeper - Necromancer's attacking the graveyard and raising the dead. (if you dont kill them almost every night)

6. Woodcutter - The trees should disipear if you hit them too much. After that, you have to plant more! (you buy seeds in the shop, the better seed - the better tree.)

7. Fisherman - Like in the woodcutter job, you should be able to buy baits. If you have the best bait, there is a 5% chance that a great shark appears, and you have to tap ''A'' very fast to catch it.

8. Cook - There should be royal dinners, and you have to hunt yourself to catch rare meat.

Thats all from me, anything you like?
Back to top Go down
GrandKaiser
Monarch
GrandKaiser

Number of posts : 1676
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Roleplay Character
Name:

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Vila33 wrote:

1. Alchemy - Add 1 more cauldron. The first cauldron will be for health potions, and the second one for mana potions. If the player makes a mistake, a Failed Potion appears, which damages the user when he is holding it.

Nien. Too easy. Make ingredients drop instead with potions being certain mixtures. Extra ingredients lower the amount of gold you get.

Example: Green Potion takes 3 Wort Root and 2 Red Berries, Red Potion takes 1 Wort Root but 4 Red Berries, Pink Potion takes 2 Wort Root, Blue Potion takes 3 Wort Root, 3 Red Berries.

You get X wort root and Y Red Berries, now you have to figure out what the most profitable combination to it will be. If you dont want to, thats cool you just wont make as much due to extra ingredients lowering the bonus cash you make (Make a bonus on top of crafting the potions but make potions sell for less). When leaving the region check for ingredients and turn them to either a junk item or just remove them.

Vila33 wrote:

2. Blacksmith - Sometimes, you get special orders and you have to get gold ores from the harpies to craft the armor. (only when ure on high reputation (earned alot of gold with this job)
No. This only adds annoyance to the job. Instead make it so that you have to individually make each items pieces then combine those pieces at the anvil.

Example: Order up is a sword. Take metal scrap, heat it. Take leather strapping, Take furnishings, put them in the anvil inventory then use the smithing, hammer, thingy on the anvil and out pops a heated sword which you then put in a bucket which will cause it to cool. Then you get paid.

Vila33 wrote:

3. Police - Bandit attacks from the woods. (First policeman level + Second policeman level = number of bandits) (happines level should have something do to with this)
I see no problem here. Except make sure the bandit attacks give very low exp. Otherwise Police will be the ultimate "Go train and get free $"

Vila33 wrote:

4. Bartender - Drunk fights! (if some vilagers didnt get their drink)
Then... kick them out by kickin ass? I guess. Maybe take orders and getting the order wrong you get into fight?

Vila33 wrote:

5. Gravekeeper - Necromancer's attacking the graveyard and raising the dead. (if you dont kill them almost every night)

Instead just make it a random event.

Vila33 wrote:

6. Woodcutter - The trees should disipear if you hit them too much. After that, you have to plant more! (you buy seeds in the shop, the better seed - the better tree.)
Just adds annoyance. Also woodcutter is usually taken by people who DONT want to go into town.
How about cutting wood is only part of the job, so you take it to the place, chop it more, then have to sell the wood to a wood-cart? (WOAH idea here, what if blacksmith can take ingredients from other jobs and make special weapons/armors himself! Then sell them!)

Vila33 wrote:

7. Fisherman - Like in the woodcutter job, you should be able to buy baits. If you have the best bait, there is a 5% chance that a great shark appears, and you have to tap ''A'' very fast to catch it.
Cant be done. Especially since A is used for attack.
Make a fish market where you sell your fish, prices fluctuate depending on how many fishes have been recently sold. Make fishes that are edible buyable from there as a better form of healing (cooked fish). But obviously the stock is dependant on the fisherman. (Btw, the fish they fish up are unedible, that way they dont make BANK by undercutting the market via monopoly. fishes will slowly degenerate from the market so that the fisherman isnt reliant on buyers)

Vila33 wrote:

8. Cook - There should be royal dinners, and you have to hunt yourself to catch rare meat.
I approve of this.

Additionally, make miner job loading gems and coal into a minecart instead of handing it to some dude. (just turn the dudes model into a minecart lol)
Make slim chance for Earth Golem to be "awoken" which requires a good little fight dependant on the playerlevel (use passive skills to increase or decrease att, att speed, and def)

Most of my suggestions are to make the job more involving and make you stop and think for a moment instead of mindlessly grabbing shit
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:23 pm

I want simple changes. Taking a job that you normal go in a short little loop into a "go across the map to get materials" is not a simple change. Making different drop off points with booby traps is simple.

For jobs that have you creating items, while making it so making different types of items is better its not quite what I'm looking for. While it seems new and a bit more enjoyable, after doing 10 times its still going to get extremely repetitive and have no scaling based on the character like the police event which I really like.

Another job thing that could happen is for gardener, where when you go to weed you might pull up a monster, or if you let the garden go to much, the weeds will get bigger and a really strong enemy will spawn if you try to weed it then.

Using potion maker as an example, when you start the work day you will get an order form saying we need X of this and Y of that. If you finish the order you get your pay and then extra ingredients will be left to the player to make what they want. Each of the potions will have different ways you can make them, so you can strategist how you make the potions so you can use the leftovers to make what you want. <- this is kinda what I'm looking for and I might end up doing for most the make X jobs.
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Well, i know my ideas arent exactly ''perfect'', im just saying examples. Its just like Dr. House : Bad ideas inspire people to make good ideas.

Here is a modified bartender idea:

Bartender: You walk to the customer. He says what drink he wants (beer, wine, scotch, whisky, vodka...) and that message disipears after 3 seconds. You have to go and take that drink from the bermaid. If the drink is wrong, he attacks you. Maybe make more of them ordering a drink at the same time, to make it harder?

What about librarian, guys?
Back to top Go down
JigokuKensai
Peasant
JigokuKensai

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-06-16

Roleplay Character
Name: YuuRei Kensai

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Vila33 wrote:
Well, i know my ideas arent exactly ''perfect'', im just saying examples. Its just like Dr. House : Bad ideas inspire people to make good ideas.

Here is a modified bartender idea:

Bartender: You walk to the customer. He says what drink he wants (beer, wine, scotch, whisky, vodka...) and that message disipears after 3 seconds. You have to go and take that drink from the bermaid. If the drink is wrong, he attacks you. Maybe make more of them ordering a drink at the same time, to make it harder?

What about librarian, guys?
must it end in violence? it could just be that you don't get paid...
as for how this job scales, i'm thinking it could be effected by happiness. More sad people mean more people trying to drink their problems away

I can't really think of ways to make the librarian job more interesting or what benefits the librarian could get with the current system. I mean there's that new skill system i've seen talked about were skills are bought individually, the librarian may have access to buy all skills for free corresponding to level and the librarian needs to do is meet class AND stat requirements. Call it the librarian's catalog or something...

But writing all this down makes me think of the issue of people who temporarily do job for certain temporary benefits that fit their certain needs at the moment. And i believe the easiest fix for this issue would probably be a certain probation period on certain jobs which requires the player to keep and DO a job for a certain number of days before getting certain unique benefits.

There's also the matter of some jobs not being equal to others, but that would also bring up the issue of having prerequisite for jobs, as well as be able to compete for a certain job instead of a race of being the first guy to the circle of power.
Back to top Go down
RPGOD
Peasant
RPGOD

Registration date : 2011-07-24

Roleplay Character
Name: Shaei

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Perhaps the librarian is the go-to guy for boss events Smile
a pop-up on the librarians screen: "While filing away dusty old tomes, you come upon *enter scary book name* which you file through" etc etc and you come upon useful info. Perhaps where the holy sword is or something.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:34 am

updated original post to show accepted changes.
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:16 am

Final (?) barkeeper change:

The amount of villagers is determined on the happines. Less happiness - more drunks. More drunks makes the job a LOT harder, but makes it more rewarding if you do it right. Messages drunks say last for 3 seconds, and you have to remember them all, and if you bring them the wrong drink, they take it without paying.

But what if there isnt a librarian? Razz
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:40 pm

I kinda want the player doing the job to have more of an effect on the job. Just as the delivery job can avoid the creep spawn or the potion maker can save ingredients for extra potions. Little things you can do to change up the job some.
Back to top Go down
RPGOD
Peasant
RPGOD

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Vila33 wrote:
Final (?) barkeeper change:

The amount of villagers is determined on the happines. Less happiness - more drunks. More drunks makes the job a LOT harder, but makes it more rewarding if you do it right. Messages drunks say last for 3 seconds, and you have to remember them all, and if you bring them the wrong drink, they take it without paying.

But what if there isnt a librarian? Razz

then there isn't that bonus.
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:19 am

Maybe rare villager attacks, where the police officer has to hurry up to save a villager from bandits?
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:37 pm

So for lumberjack I've been thinking I could add a random event where a trent will inhabit a tree. The tree will give bonus wood but if too much wood is taken the trent will spawn and attack the player. It will be visible that the tree is inhabited.

For fisherman I could make it so you have a random chance to get an item, or you could pull out a random enemy.

and for librarian I'm thinking I could make the building a little more complex and add more types of book. Sometimes a book could spawn that doesn't belong to the library and can either be sold for extra cash, or maybe be an accessory that gives like +6 int or a bonus spell.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:41 pm

For lumberjack: Maybe taking too much of the treent tree AT LITTLE TIME would make the ent attack, but if you take a little every 5 minutes, its OK for forever?

For fisherman: it would be cool if you sometimes hook out random junk such as bones and stuff, maybe giving a chance to get a fish you can eat for health?
Back to top Go down
RPGOD
Peasant
RPGOD

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:35 pm

hmm.... perhaps librarian has a small chance to find a special book that can be used to summon something? Like a "pet"? Unique spells.
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:30 am

You mean like 1-use spellbooks?

Example: Summon water spirit, Cast lightning bolt...
Back to top Go down
RPGOD
Peasant
RPGOD

Roleplay Character

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Yes, like that.
It could be more, like 5-uses, but for small things, like owl that can't attack (fly to certain places for vision)
Back to top Go down
seernox
Peasant

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Roleplay Character
Name:

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:33 am

here is an idea for miners and woodcutter and *MAYBE* fishermen.

at the start of the game there are some rare resources randomly generated like a special tree which gives a mini-boss + a random tree related item eg. staff or bow, there is a special ore randomly generated in like 1 of 5 spots that allows you to build an item stronger than the stuff you buy from the store but not stronger than boss items, and for fishermen an extra spot to cast ur line where you have a good chance of getting something special ( i dont know how the fishing systems works so thats why i said maybe)
^ this could work for any other job you could think of

anyway there are a few other things like for the police maybe instead of having just bandits add a mini-boss who is a thug that escaped from jail or something... maybe for alchemy u have to get a package from the other alchemist containing rare ingredients

Back to top Go down
holmenlund
Peasant
holmenlund

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:40 am

It all sure does sound a lot better. But are you sure that this wont just scare even more players away ? I mean new players or newbies or whatever we call them ?

If you make changes, then you have to make it really really clear for new players. otherwise I think this will scare off more people, if more experienced ones doesn't explain to them what to do. make a pop-up or something when you take a job which explains down to smallest detail.

the idea about having random mobs/creeps popping out of trees and other stuff aint really a chance of the job but it surely makes it more fun.
Back to top Go down
Duskseer
Peasant
Duskseer

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Roleplay Character
Name: Sygfried Reoundoirt

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 am

Hey! Wandering in the batroom I had an idea!(Bathroom + free time = idea)
What about if the Drunken duck gets an OWNER?
Since we've got fame and happiness,the Drunken duck owner gets an income based on how happy are the customers: and....guess how it is linked with Fame?
More fame = More customers.
Ways to gain fame for a Drunken Duck owner? Get customers (Should start with two customers),transform the Drunken duck in a nice place and run to the groceries!
Yup,to gain fame and serve the customers,the Drunken duck owner must fight with the grcer for good prices and buy products,such as Ale,gin,Vodka,Nuclear bombs,Liquid plasma and such.
No,seriously: I think we should add food and give price.
Additionally the Drunken Duck owner gains the 60% of the Bartender's income.
GROCERY:(should we make discount event?)
So,the products bought from the grocery can be "sold" to the Barmaid.
It should enter in a virtual stock,where then the Bartender must "buy" (0 gold price)
And give it to the customer.Succesful deliver raises happiness and fame to the Drunken Duck.
PS: What about events such as fairs? Reduces Grocery items price and increases fame to the Drunken Duck for a limited period?
GROCERY
-Ale: 500 (300 discounted)
-Roasted Beef: 1000 (700)
-Lemon-style chicken: 1000 (700)
-Orane-styled duck: 1200 (900)
-Tea: 100 (30)
-Beer: 500 (300)
-Milk: 1000 (700)
-Rhum: 2000 (1800)
-Soup:500 (200)
-Vintage Champagne: 4000 (3800)

Whenever a Bartender sells one of the products listed up,they gain the double of the gold spent and the owner gets 60% of their income.This WON'T damage the Bartender's income.
Notice that there will be really few customers that wants to order a Vintage Champagne:
this is where I want to trigeer another issue: since we made Society,also the NPC should own some Nobles: NPC nobles orders alot,including the VIntage CHampagne.They order so much that they can consume all your stocks.However if you manage to satisfy a noble customer you gain more fame and so more customers.
What'cha think?

PS: Oh,I know how to make the Librarian job more interesting: Make it bigger,increase the quantity of book to be put-in-place and put a creepy story behind it: like it is taunted by ghosts that can make your job harder and so on.
Well....let's say....that the Librarian must solve such Paranormal activities by reedeming the ghost: little quests and rewards,to increase your income.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Job changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job changes   Job changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Job changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantasy Life :: Development & Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to: